View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 06:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

They had the party last nite. My family and I went. There were a lot of people packed in a very small area. Her daughter was a bit stubborn about having anyone help out, and obviously has never thrown a party for adults. Nothing to drink for the first hour. I was passing out water and telling people to hold on to their cups because it would be the only one they got (they had like 30 plastic cups)
Two other adults and I sort of took over, because the daughters were doing nothing for all the guests. One of the women brought over some little hot dog weiners and taco dip and chips, and that was all there was to eat.
When my friend arrived... I felt so bad. She has a very bad cold and was totally wiped out. She had stayed home from work the day before and that day as well, but went into work for a few hours for the christmas party. Since she was leaving that early someone made her go to toys r us for a few hours... so she was wiped out.
After the first hour the person showed up with the soda, both bottles
Someone went out and bought soda and ice, but unfortunalty no cups. The daughter made a cake, a small 9 inch cake.
My friend got lots of lovely gifts and love. The guests were all concerned about her health and her having this party. The two other women who worked the party with me cleaned up with me and we left her hopefully with little to do... cause her daughters were still doing nothing.
I didn't call her today because I hope she is resting.
A friend of ours died last week. She was battling cancer and was doing well, but she got an infection and died suddenly. Its a little close to home putting my friend in such danger (you know?) I would think that when the daughters heard about this woman dying, they may have stopped for a second and called the doctor like I asked them to do... but they never did.
Whoever the "nurse" was, she didn't appear to be at the party... makes you wonder.
Keggy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote