Thread: MG Relapse?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 01:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default MG Relapse?

Hi everyone! This is so great to find this site! When I was first diagnosed, back in 1985, I was 16 years old. Sure wish they had something like this for me, at that time!!At the time, I could not make medical decisions on my own, so after many talks with many doctors, my parents felt the best choice for me was to have a thymectomy. They didn't want to make me go through massive steroid treatments. I had been taking 60 mg of mestinon every 4 hours before that, and 180 mg of timespan at night. After the surgery, my dosage lowered.

It wasn't until I was 30 years old, and gave birth to my daughter, Camille, that my life changed...forever. My mestinon was making me worse. Then my neurologist decided to take me off the mestinon completely. What??? I was terrified. I had carried mestinon in my purse, in my car, everywhere! But I stopped. I have not had any symptoms what so ever since th birth of my daughter. She's my middle child. She jokingly tells me from time to time..."Mommy, I cured you". So cute!

It hasn't been until very recently where I have been feeling fatigued and just not myself. That's what brought me here to this website! I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else!
AmyTrinidad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote