View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 03:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I study and work with essential oils, and this is how you can easily make your own peppermint lotion.Take about 2 ounces of sunflower or grapeseed oil, both you can get from grocery store, or organic at healthfood store, put it is a clean glass bottle. To the oil, add 4-6 drops of Peppermint essential oil,and about 4-6 drops of Lavender essential oil, shake until well blended. Dab a couple of drops on your forehead, massage it into the skin, or a drop on each temple, and massage it in. You can also massage it into the back of your neck, and on each wrist,when you feel a head ache coming on. I have been using Lavender for headaches,and to help me get to sleep, for many years now, I swear by it for headaches! After you make your first batch, you may want to increase or decrease either the Lavender or the Peppermint that you add to the oil, just NEVER apply essential oils to bare skin, you must put it in a carrier oil, like sunflower, etc., except for the Lavender, it may be applied to bare skin, and will not burn it. Get the essential oils from a good healthfood store, making sure it is the best quality.Good luck!
prairiemary is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MelodyL (05-01-2009), pono (05-05-2009)