View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 07:50 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

LWood,
I go to Dr Knobler, he's in Fort Washington, and is slowing down a bit these days.
He was partners with Schwartzman a couple of decades ago @ Jefferson, in Philly.

I can get you his #, if you'd like.

What type of doctors are you seeing now?

I often preach this "triangle of rsd care".

Your Meds = Your Doctor (Neurologist more than likely).

Your Mind = It's good to see a pain management Psych doc for a while, and re-up occasionally).

Your Health otherwise = EXCERCISE, and follow general good health guidelines. RSD is a Use it or lose it disease, as I'm sure you know.

I've had it since 83.

So, do you have a good neurologist? That's what Knobler is, along with Ph.d. (psych).
Start there, do you have a good hospital, best bet is a University hospital. Get to the "Cheif of Neurology". Or someone there who does know RSD.
Use the phone, and ask questions, like you're an employer testing a new hire! (That's exactly what you're doing).
If that doesn't work, find a pain management facility. Many hospitals have them.

I'm sorry that you don't like Dr Schwartzman. It does seem that he is channeling all his energy into his ketamine thing.

I know Dr Knobler is great, but he's almost two hours from Lancaster, but he IS only a mile from the turnpike! He does specialize pretty much in RSD, and MS.

Let me know, if I can help?

Pete
asb
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote