View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 01:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by labar914 View Post
Can anyone share there experience related to RSD from fusion surgery. I had lumbar fusion 8/08 and did great for a few months, then started with burning pain, the burning moved to both feet, then the legs and within 2 months both arms , neck etc... They did find that I have epidural fibrosis that is around the nerve and resting on the rear of the spinal cord (no compression). They avoided the DX of RSD to begin with because of the scar tissue, but once it moved to the upper body, they could no longer discount it. So the official dx is fairly new to me, but it traveled very quickly to many areas.

My PM doctor has suggested the possibility of Lysis to remove the scar tissue, and reduce some of the pain directly coming from the injury site, but with a dx of RSD I am not sure I want anyone messing with anything unless it will really help.

Anyone have a similiar experience or suggestions?

Thanks,
Shell
Hi Shell,

I had a fusion done sept 2007 L4-L5, another fusion done dec. 2007 L4-L5 and another fusion dec 2008 L3-L5. The reason for all the fusions was complications. I also have permanent nerve damage in my back. I also have scar tissue wrapped around a nerve in my back. I was dxed with RSD of my left foot on 4/8/09. My pain doc is planning on doing a sympathetic nerve block for the RSD then worry later about the scar tissue. Make sure your pain doc knows a lot about RSD and how to treat it. Hope this info helps you.

Kate
baseballfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote