View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 04:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh the squeaky shoe problem. I have one pair of shoes that squeak if I put my AFO's inside them - I have no clues why, they just do (squeak, I mean).

But other shoes I wear with my splint don't squeak, so it is no surprise that I don't wear the squeaky shoes any more. Pity really, as I like those shoes.

I have also shopped around and managed to buy a pair of sandals that will hold the AFO's reasonably well as I hate wearing covered in shoes in the summer.

Generally I just stick to my asics trainers and my instride shoes as they seem to work best for me. I figure that wearing AFO's gives me licence to break any dress code that I may run into, and it does seem to work that way. Heck I'd go to a ball in my trainers under my ballgown, though I can't see me in a ballgown (I am the jeans and t-shirt type).

I think my next step is going to be a KAFO (knee ankle foot) as the nerve damage in my hip has destabilized both my hip and my knee, but I will try and put that off for as long as possible as that obviously involves pretty much the entire leg.

It's always great to have someone to chat about orthotics with ......

cheers

raglet
Raglet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote