View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 09:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali12 View Post
The course providers rang mum back this afternoon to state that academically theres no problem with being accepted onto the course but when they'd run my situation by the employees who provide the placements, all but one of them refused to accept me for health and safety reasons as they said that I could pose a risk to their clients and to a lesser degree, their clients may cause a flare to happen should they become anxious or violent.
It's always best to not mention health related issues, because no-one will otherwise be at all willing to take you on, regardless of the good intentions of any law or disability act. That's the real world for you, they really rather quickly act as if you have the plague and you should be shunned if you are prepared to level with them. If you are in a wheelchair, or have to use one, then there's no way of hiding this from them, so you already are in a major disadvantaged position.

I'd try and fight this, with all the means that are within your power. I am not familiar with how the system works in the UK, but I'm sure there's something you can do to fight them?
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote