View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRPSbe View Post
It's always best to not mention health related issues, because no-one will otherwise be at all willing to take you on, regardless of the good intentions of any law or disability act. That's the real world for you, they really rather quickly act as if you have the plague and you should be shunned if you are prepared to level with them. If you are in a wheelchair, or have to use one, then there's no way of hiding this from them, so you already are in a major disadvantaged position.

I'd try and fight this, with all the means that are within your power. I am not familiar with how the system works in the UK, but I'm sure there's something you can do to fight them?
Thanks but I had to declare my illness as it is the law over here in the UK, also there was no way I could hide it as they could tell that my walking was bad and my arm was swelt to 3 times it's normal size and severely bruised.

I also have a statement which disabled children have to try and get additional help and support in school so the teachers already knew about my RSD and had told the college course tutors.

In the UK, if you have a disability, tutors MUST do their upmost to try and get you onto the course or a job otherwise it is seen as discrimination so i'm not sure why they haven't done that in my case.

Theres no way I could "hide" my RSD so I had no choice but to inform them about it.

Hopefully we will be able to get things straightened out soon. I'm just so sick of having to fight everything because of my RSD.