View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 03:53 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamweldon View Post
Thanks Pete I do understand, and I am with a pm doctor and I have been thru the 6 or 8 sympathetic nerve blocks and all the other things.. And am also taking 120 mg of cymbalta with this.. I am just trying to keep working as long as I can,, Some Chronic pain people aren't even doing that ?? They sometimes just think disability is the way to go.. anyhow thanks for the info..
Lisa,
Nobody here, (I would bet, but, I know myself) as a successful business person, I would NEVER choose this over my beloved {work, job, whatever you wanna call it}
Nobody, NOBODY who is successful at what they do, would EVER choose this life over one of sedentary life. NOBODY!

I was self employed, with TWO business's, and was doing very well, and that's where Dr Schwartzman testified for me.
NO REASON why a successful businessperson would choose this BS over ANYTHING else, than the road they had cut out for themselves!
This is one of the most common misappropriations of knowledge I've ever seen!

Now that that's behind us, chronic disability is a very SAD, SAD, SAD Choice, and I think you'll find that MOST of us REJECT IT!
I do!

My (soon to be ex) has stolen every business tool from me, and my children. I had groomed them to take "over" the family business's.
My ex made sure (to her best), it ain't over yet, that that would not happen.
(If HER kids couldn't have it, mine couldn't!).
I don't understand that kind of small minded jealousy. I just cannot fathom it.

But, and however,
NOBODY, nobody,
wants to naturally follow a path of "gimme".
It's Anti American!

Sometimes, some of us with rsd can look and almost feel as normal as most others. But, we're ONLY ON THE EDGE OF THE CLIFF!

Don't let your guilt bother you for a minute! Do you know ANYONE, who has felt your kind of pain?

And, I do not want to profess,
but, just what,
if it spreads?
You're young.
I was too, when this monster clawed me.
It spread.

What to do when you're so young?

I don't want to profess doom.
I pray for your cure!

Work for that!
Work towards that, ALWAYS!
Find a doctor who will work with you! Towards that end!

Never, Ever, lose Faith!

You, in the end, with your Higher Power are the cure.

The Cure, and the comfort....

Pete
asb
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (05-04-2009)