View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 05:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs down Lyrica Ruined My Life!!!

I quit Lyrica. I tapered down from 300 mg over 5 weeks. Then another two weeks of absolute HELL.

I've suffered from fibromyalgia for nearly 18 years. I was on Lyrica for 13 months. After the initial loopiness and scary leg swelling, I started working out and the leg swelling disappeared. I got strong again and felt almost normal. It was wonderful until I got a lung infection and became very depressed and suicidal.

I'm thinking, "I'm not suicidal..." so I checked my meds, and sure enough, Lyrica has suicidal thoughts listed as well as infections. I was also experiencing blurred vision as well. That was 6 MONTHS AGO!!!

Since then, I've lost my income and become basically un-functional. Homelessness is just around the corner. My doctors think I may have a brain tumor or cyst. Just before I started tapering off, I started getting headaches. They've gotten worse. I'm poor so approval for an MRI is taking weeks. I may die first.

(FDA approval was delayed because Lyrica causes tumors in mice. Pfizer convinced them that was just because of high doses.)

To taper off, I took Soma - a muscle relaxer. It really helped until I ran out. By then, I was bedridden and of no mind to manage to get a refill so I suffered through the last two weeks.

If anyone hears of a lawsuit, let me know. I'd like to join in. Lyrica is extremely addictive - even after the free sample period. It only works for a few people. I read an estimate that only 15% will be helped - but nearly everyone who tries it will get hooked and have to suffer the withdrawals. If you go cold turkey, your brain could swell - this has been documented.

Shame of Pfizer. Shame on the FDA. The advent of Lyrica is nothing short of criminal abuse of the already suffering.

I wish I'd never heard of it. I would advise everyone to avoid this poison at all costs.
Pfizer Hater is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bruegger84 (11-26-2010), Marie33 (09-17-2016)