View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyem View Post
I am still recovering from a really bad cold which has left me with an horrendous cough. I am due to travel from Arizona to England on Tuesday next and am concerned that I will still have the coughs and sniffles. I do not want to cause fellow passengers any concern and wonder if I should use a face mask, does any one have any suggestions and my cough is really bad, in spite of medications.
My suggestion to you is to contact the airline you will be flying and see if they have instituted any specific protocol for passengers who have colds and/or allergies that may be of concern to other passengers and/or crew members.

There are no quarantines at this point in time according to my source at Homeland Security. You can check CDC.gov and read the latest assessment/threat level which, as of today, is level 5. However, it is believed that CDC will raise that to level 6 tomorrow if any new cases are confirmed. Unnecessary air travel to and/or from Mexico is not recommended at this time, but I have not read any other restrictions. CDC is also not recommending that anyone who has a fever or who knows they are sick with any kind of flu travel or mingle with the general public.

You can also read this site for the latest briefing for the Department of Homeland Security on the TSA Website:

http://www.dhs.gov/ynews/releases/pr_1240773850207.shtm

TSA always posts the lastest news and keeps their site updated for travelers. Airlines have to abide by TSA and Homeland Security regulations but may also have their own in house (cabin) protocols for passenger awareness/safety that go above and beyond that of TSA/DHS/CDC.

Have a safe trip.

~~Flygirl~~~

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (05-03-2009)