View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 10:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Exclamation

((((((Judy)))))),

Are you gonna get the MRIs done before you go to Mayo?? If you are, make sure they're doing your head too -- which they should be doing anyway if they're ruling out MS (looking for lesions).

You want to get ESR and C-Reactive Protein blood tests to help rule out infection.

And finally, it's probably a good idea to do nerve and muscle conduction tests on your hands and feet and forearms and forelegs (is that a word??). Also nerve conduction testing on the mental nerve (that's the one for your chin). Have you had any recent dental work done in the same region (on the same side) that you're getting the numbness on your chin??

I'm no doctor. I'm just somebody like you who's been through 'stuff'. Any tests that they do now will still be 'current' for the Mayo work. They'll also probably save some time and testing at the Mayo.

Now, this is just based on my own experience, but, because of the numbness, I wouldn't wait to get that testing done. Mayo can always do MORE if they require more. The nerve conduction tests will show how much of a problem we've got in that area.

I know what you mean about the sensation being all screwed up in your hand. I remember when I couldn't touch anything cold or smooth. The cold was really painful and the smooth was just so radically WEIRD, it freaked me out I thank G-d that I found Effexor XR -- I couldn't open jars or use my cane -- just too painful. I still have the numbness because of the blood condition. But, I don't have the pain. And my strength is back.

I'm praying for success for you too. BIG HUGS.

Barb
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote