View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 04:06 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default I wonder if root canals are contaigious? (just kidding)

I was just talking to my boyfriend a little bit ago.

He's had a toothache for a few days. Well, now he's complaining of a LOT of pain. I asked him a few questions, and he sounds like he's got an abscess too. He took something like 5 or 6 advil (eeek!!!) to kill the pain earlier. Hope his liver (or is it his kidneys?) live thru that.

He cant afford to go to the ER, and I'm willing to bet that he really desperately needs an antibiotic NOW before he even thinks of having anything drilled into.

He said that Orajel didnt even touch the pain (it worked pretty good for me the other day)

I just wish that he hadnt told me that he poked the sore spot with something to make it bleed. (ewww! I hope that didnt spread any infection to other really important parts of his body!) I dont understand why he does that. Ewww!

I hope he can get thru it and get to the dentist monday. (he goes to the dental school for any dental work he needs, hope he doesnt scare any students)

I wish I had some antibiotics to give him. (my dentist gave me a couple of Rx's to use after the last couple of fillings I had done...gave those to my dad 2 months ago when he had a couple of dental infections)

I'm almost done with my Keflex (abx that's good for dental infections) and no one's getting them away from me, I want my infection to be dead by the time I'm done with the abx's. Otherwise I'd give them to the boyfriend.

He sounds like he's worse off than I was last week...I cant even imagine how much he hurts. I have a good idea, but if he's popping Advil like Tic-Tacs, then he's way worse than I was.

I kind of wish that I'd told him that I could smell infection in his mouth a few weeks ago. (It's a smell that if you've ever smelled it, you wont forget it. I told my dad about his last 2 dental infections because I could smell them from across the room. His dentist told me I was right) Maybe if I'd told my boyfriend I could smell it then, he might have gotten to a dentist earlier. I just didnt want to offend him by telling him that he had an odor.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote