View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 07:56 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

We could be related! I feel exactly the same way.

My sister is still in the throws of drug addiction, and some pretty bizarre behavior. My mother will allow her to rip her off, steal, cheat, and treat her like garbage. This is NOT the sister I grew up with. I dont know this woman, I dont like this woman, and I have no intentions of allowing this woman back into my life to wreck it over and over again. I had to draw the line, and push her out of my circle. I feel ripped off! I see so many close families, and it breaks my heart all over again. its not fair!

but...I cant control her behavior. I cant make choices for her. she has to make the journey on her own. I was willing to walk with her for many miles, but she makes it too hard to stay with her. I will not allow myself to be abused anymore. I am standing right here when she is ready and able to come home. As much as it rips my heart out, that is the best I can offer. I raised her children for her so they were safe. I hid some of her child hood treasures so they were safe and not hocked. That is the best I can do for her until she can return home again.

I was again "ripped off" with MS. I survived breast cancer, and loads of other things, and I had done my time! I was in the clear! I was supposed to be able to get on with my life, and travel, and visit, and dance in the sun, and enjoy my hard won life. Too me MS meant a dragging leg, the constant need for rest, injections everyday. A life i didnt want nor would I chose for anyone

but...its here. My vision is more stable, the ON healed. I am working hard to not drag a leg, and have a wonderfully supportive husband. I am learning to look at the gift of everyday, and not the torture of having to endure another day. I didnt ask for MS, and I cant return this diagnosis, so I am going to try to do what I can with it. I will take my meds, I will do my exercises, and I will get up everyday, and put one foot in front of the other.

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I do hope you too can see the sunshine through the rain

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DizzyLizzy (05-03-2009), Foggy Brain (05-04-2009), SallyC (05-03-2009)