View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 08:39 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Default Numbness and Pain

When you think of something being numb you assume that you can't feel it, right? Like when the dentist gives you novacane (sp?).....you can't feel your face for a couple of hours.

Why then, if my hand is numb do my fingers and wrist ache so badly? Could I also have arthritis? I've been tested and it was negative. It's mainly my right hand but my left is slowly getting mildly numb, too. I've noticed it happening over the last several weeks. My right hand feels tight, like it's swollen but it's not. My ring finger and pinkie finger want to curl under. My index finder and thumb are what aches the most. It's moving up my arm - the area before the elbow aches mostly at night....when I'm trying to sleep. I've been taking Aleve but it's beginning to not work. I hate the thought of taking anything stronger.

Does anyone else have numbness along with pain?
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote