Thread: Life Alert
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 09:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hydrocephalus (Shunt 2+ yrs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braindrain View Post
We're having a discussion over on the SSDI board about living independently.This is part of another member's reply to me:Oh yeah, there is something called "life alert", but there is one thing that coud be an issue? When your shunt goes down, does it go down without warning or do you normally get gradual signs? This may or may not make a difference as long as you get into surgery ASAP********************************************** ***********I wasn't sure how much help Life Alert could be, since we could have gradual signs of shunt failure which may go undetected for a while, orthe shunt could fail so quickly, that we may not have time to react.What do you all think about this?* Would Life Alert necklaces be anoption for us?
I,m new to the sight. Still trying to learn my way around.* I've had 4 surgeries 2 within hours of each other 7+ hours.* Subdural hemotomo 1 and a half later.* My head has never stopped hurting and my short term memory makes it impossible for me to work.* No one understands what I am going through. It scares me just thinking about a shunt malfunction.* What can I expect? I will mtry and* post my story soon.* thanks for the feed back.TEC49
TEC49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote