View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 11:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRPSbe View Post
I'm puzzled about something.

Normally the protocol for low dose ketamine (see RSDHope) is that they use as much of the Ketamine just to make the patient a little drowsy... certainly NO more.

I've never heard of them upping the Ketamine like that.
Is that standard protocol or has something been changed lately that I don't know about?
I'm not sure dr. lerveronce considers this a low dose. He puts his patients into a state of being asleep. past being drowsy. but not to the point where u need to be on a breathing tube. my first go around because i had been taking ketamine for over 2 years already on a daily basis for reg pain control, i had built up a tolerance to the dosage he gae me then was what normally put his patients to sleep. however i was still in and out of being awake and able to respond to questions. so he increased the dosage this time around so that i would be at the state of sedation/being a sleep.

I am still having mild hallucinations at night, and am being emo, and am unease/anxious at times but i can control that quite easily with the ativan i got.

i'm taking 40mg of k twice a day and ativan at night, and if i feel i need it during the day.