View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Question Gap insurance and dental

I recently had to pick up part B as Cobra will not accept me if I have an alternative coverage available. DH employer closed last month. They have the 65% this month, but will no longer be a business after the end of this month and we will have to pay the 100% of Cobra for DH. I will now have the part b taken out X2 as one for this month and one for next.

I found a good Part D plan I am satisfied with.

But, I want a gap coverage. AARP has 12 types from their carrier? Health america maybe?
But; the most popular is F(I think) $147 a month and I can not change it until I am 65. That one pays 100%. There is a $90 plan that I would have to pay the deductables and copays.
One is the F, the other L.

I am a chronic pain patient that needs aggressive follow up with Trigger points, epidural, MRI at least every few years. I need test for other things too.

Does anyone else have gap insurance? What plan?

Also, what about Dental care? Do you have a plan from Delta or anything like that?

I still have to find out about DH, AARP has a plan for the medication they can add him to.....Not sure about health.
He will either have to find a joba againg with benifits or find a part time job for paying our health care now.

I like the AARP PArt D. My copays will be $7 generic a month, if I but @3 months mail order, it is $0!
I only have $644 a month and work part time.
Di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote