View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 07:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Nancy,
I know it's kind of scary reading all about the rest of us and our experiences, but as everyone here has told you MG is different with different people.

My feeling is that, generally, those of us that join a forum to bounce ideas and get information are in non-controlled states or like yourself, newly diagnosed and looking for answers and help. I know of some Mger's that are and have been fully controlled or have never progressed to a point where they felt a need for a forum, so you're not hearing their stories.

I know a gentleman that has occular Mg, has had it for about 10 years now, had his thymectomy and eventually went into remission. The only problem he's had since was when he broke his arm, but even then the symptoms were light enough that he only needed his Mestinon to control it. He's a runner and got back to running the same amount he had prior to MG showing up on him.

So there's no predicting what path your MG will take, no guarantee that you will experience progression or, if you do at all, how severe it may be. I like to just take each good day as a blessing, and assume I will have many more good days!

If we live our lives in fear of the bad days, it kinda takes all the fun out of life! So even through a bad exacerbation I try to enjoy as much as I can (I still have the days when I "fall down" emotionally - it's only natural) and focus on the good things in life.
Spending time on "grieving" the good 'ol days does nothing but makes you bitter - it's best to have faith that they'll return again!

I hope you'll get to be one of those that gets all the answers you need to help you find your comfort level, hits a remission and stays there, and eventually doesn't feel a need for a forum like this - although we love having you here!

Lots of hugs.