View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMACK View Post
Suicide pervention IMHO...begins with breaking down this awful TABOO.... people dont tell friends & loved ones they want to die......because they do not want to be scorned..ridiculed..even COMMITTED....................THEY want to express their turmoil, sadness, hoplessness, desperation,.....all the things we as humans rarely share with those we care for.....................
...so true.

I have many thoughts rolling around in my head and don't know how to, or don't want to, express them. You've done a good job with some of it for me ((David)).

I know time and again people have said this forum is for anyone touched by suicide, but I have never felt comfortable coming right out and saying, for instance, "the urge yesterday to cut my throat was overwhelming". I wouldn't want people in here who are questioning the suicides of loved ones to get upset.

But I do have those. And when one of those thoughts hits, it hits with the crescendo of an ocean wave. Obviously, I've made it to the other side.

I do think suicides are often a spur of the moment act but...preceded by thoughts of suicide over an intederminate amount of time. Sorry if that doesn't make sense. Somehow it does to me.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (05-04-2009), barbo (05-04-2009), BJ (05-04-2009), Curious (05-04-2009), Koala77 (05-04-2009), Lara (05-06-2009), mistiis (05-04-2009), Nik-key (05-06-2009), pono (05-05-2009)