View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 02:08 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi Summertime,

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through all of this right now! I hope things start getting better for you soon and please know that you are in my thoughts.

I'm not on any medications now like Ada has the side effects outweighed the benefits. I take Ketamine but am only allowed to take it when I am in a flare as my doctor thinks that it could cause some problems because of my age if used on a regular basis. I still deal with LOTS of pain on a daily basis and it hasn't changed hardly since I came off the meds.

When I was on the medications, I had lots of mood swings. Lyrica caused me to gain weight and I also became very upset and would lash out at my mum over the slightest things. I remember going to the hospital with my mum and I would literally lash out at her whilst she was driving as I didn't want to go. I feel really guilty about it now as I know she was only trying to help but at that time, I couldn't control it.

I still have mood swings now but they aren't quite as bad as they used to be. When my mum spoke to my doctor about it, he said that pain can cause mood swings and the fact that I am a teenager is probably making it worse also. I tend to find that the more pain I am in, the more I tend to flip and get angry.

If I was you, I would check the side effects of the medications you are on and see if it mentions mood swings and also mention it to your dr and see if he/she can help you.

I'm sorry that I can't help you that much. Just know that you aren't alone and that I DO understand what you are going through unfortunately!! If you ever need anyone to talk to, please know that I am here for you!!

Alison.