View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 02:21 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Stephanie, I'm sorry your first experience went so badly. Just ask lots of questions and see what else they can do for you (like the PICC line Erin spoke of).

Now about this numbness in the calves and feet!!! Nope, definitely not related to MG. When did it start? Is it in both legs? Anything going on with your hands? Have you spoken to your doc about it? If not, do right away. DO NOT do anything until you know what is causing it. A hot bath is not good for MG, so maybe skip that for now. I know that cold would be someone's next thought but don't use anything too cold. You can get cold-induced injury, which only makes any nerve problem worse.

I know about this crap because I have hot, burning feet leftover from my B12 deficiency. It didn't get caught very soon and wasn't treated well enough right away. Neuropathy is caused by lots of different things. You could have a spine problem too. Just speak to your neuro about it as soon as you can, okay?

There are these little things called "Boo-boo buddies" that I got at a local grocery store. They are gel packs that look like animals or cars or sports balls and are made for kids. They are not as cold and are good for temporary relief of neuropathy.

That's the problem with MG; you push and it pushes back. When I was reckless in 2005, I ended up with my first crisis. I don't ever want to go through that again so I've taken the word push out of my vocabulary. Hard to do when you're a stubborn Norwegian.

I'm glad you're getting good treatment. I hope the IVIG makes you feel better.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote