View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 05:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Summertime,

It took me 6 years to get where I am today I'm 9 years into RSD. I agree with the comment about trial and error. That's what it takes to get the right "cocktail".

Mood swings are normal for me I had them before RSD. I cry a lot easier since RSD. Somedays it seems I cry at the drop of a hat. I use to blame PMS now I blame RSD.
I took cymbalta for 7 years and last November I asked the doctor if we could get rid of it. My physcologist and PM doctor agreeded.It's o.k to get depressed we are dealing with a very complex conditon that not only affects us directly. It also affects those we love and the way we are use to doing every day things in our life. Sometimes Mondays are hard for me. I loved my job and when Monday comes around I think of my friends at the office and the challenges of the job and I get down. I am quick to remind myself my quality of life (less pain) has improved since I left my job.
I harbor this secrect desire to get back to the office someday. I know it may never happen (I have fullbody RSD). But it's o.k. to dream. I'm sure most of you think I'm crazy for dreaming of working again. You never know what your going to miss until you don't have it.
Finding the right medications can be tough. It takes patience and communication with your doctor. If you feel he/she has reached the scope of their knowledge ask for a referral.
This emotional roller coaster of pain we ride is not always fun. Howevery, tomorrow promises to be different and each day we learn to ride a little easier. (sorry that was cheezy)
Take care,
Sherrie
SBOWLING is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote