Thread: Yard sale time!
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

When we moved in 2002, we had a garage sale at my aunt's house. My mom had a Christmas village that she'd been collecting for a few years...she'd been buying them from Dillards. I think we had maybe 30 or 40 houses, and bits and pieces of the village.

So, my aunt, who doesnt really have much experience with garage sales put them out on a table, and then trusted that people would actually come up and pay for them. Nope. Just about the entire village wandered away from the garage sale, along with my sister's guitar (aunt put it out on the lawn, away from where she could see it from where she sat in the garage)

I took over watching the garage sale for awhile, and I saw the lady who was stealing the village. I pretty much let her do it, because we wanted to get rid of the stuff, but I made that lady work for it. I followed her around, talking to her, and pretty much irritated the heck out of her. I figured if she was going to steal from us, she had to make a bigger effort.

By the end of the day, we were giving things away. When we were cleaning up and starting to put stuff away, a truck drove by and asked if the garage sale was still on. We ended up helping to load all of our stuff into their truck. Just gave it away. I'm sure those people thought we were nuts, but we were about to move and just wanted to get rid of things. So we gave things away.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (05-06-2009)