Thread: Topamax Dosage
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 11:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Sue!
I've been taking the Topamax since September and have actually seen a dramatic decrease in headaches since starting it. The seizure/aura activity I've had has also decreased, only I notice that around my period it seems to pick up and of course with certain triggers (alcohol, if I'm around lots of noise or lights etc) and am wondering if maybe the dosage should be increased a bit more.
I take an antidepressant too and had to switch to a different one within the last month because the previous one was causing breakthrough headaches and seizure activity. I'm thinking that maybe the topamax dosage should be a little higher,but am curious as to what the therapeutic level is.

How did you react to Trileptal when you were on it? I had a terrible time on that stuff. I hope you are having more success on the meds you are on now, it can be a frustrating challenge to find the right cocktail can't it? Still, I wish I would have gone on the Topamax a few years ago and saved myself all of the headaches (and the liver/kidney damage from all the OTC meds I've taken that didn't give me relief anyways).

Take care!
stef