View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hey Holly! I've been following your other thread and I'm so relieved that you are feeling better about the course of these past few wks. Hang on to your faith and know that there will be times when it will be tested.

I agree w/Twink in that, sometimes talking w/people who are ''in the know'' of what you are going through can be extremely helpful. When my dear Father was under Hospice care, the Hospice Pastor came to see him and us daily. It was so comforting to talk w/her.

Also, when my Mother was ill, the Hospice Soc Worker was right there w/us, talking us through those rough spots and as you know, there are many. Our own Pastor was also a great source of comfort.

When I lost my G'parents, I felt so sad b/c I didn't have my G'parents any longer. Now, I've lost both of my parents and I feel sad, but I also know that while they were here, they were the most caring loving parents, so I was blessed to have them as long as I did. I felt like the changing of the guard was now on me. My DH's Father passed away at the age of 58, so I look at that and remember that my parent's were both in their late 70's and I had a wonderful relationship w/them.

Take care Holly and know that we are here for you.

Sending prayers for Grandma to dance into Grandpa's loving arms when the Lord sends for her.

DM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hollym (05-05-2009), SBOWLING (05-06-2009)