View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 10:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ada,

It's awesome that you have a pair of PT's to help you, but I am sorry that they gave you bad news. Try to take each problem one at a time. It took me more than 2 years and 5 or 6 PTs before I finally found one that believed I was really in pain - I think I just looked too good (my RSD started in my shoulder, where you can't see any swelling). It was evident that the rest of them thought because I was WC I was lying (even though I had returned to work FT). Earlier this year I wrote the worst offenders a letter and gave them the link to the RSDSA web site, hoping to save future potential RSDers from the same treatment.

At least you are moving. Wouldn't it be worse if you couldn't move and your pain was there anyway? I try to look at my pain that way in an effort to keep myself sane (although admittedly it's a close call some days). You said that you had boys to take care of, I really hope that they help to take care of you, too! Are they old enough to assume some responsibility for chores around the household? I think that if I made my kids do more of the stuff that I tend to do, then I would have fewer problems with pain. Are you like that too?

Please take care and try not to get too stressed, which will make you feel worse. XOXOX Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (05-05-2009), dreambeliever128 (05-05-2009)