Old 05-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Exclamation

bullying is something very serious and it's victims suffer in many ways.

there is a really good book by Frank Peretti called The Wounded Spirit. Peretti was himself bullied mercilessly as a child for a physical deformity.

as the parent of a young man who was bullied when younger because of his Tourette Syndrome I can only thank God that my son became a better person, and not a bitter one. But I know how deeply the wounds went.

My older son has amazingly beautiful red hair and yup, he got bullied really nastily for that by some too. It changed him from being a really outgoing personality as a little one, to becoming more introverted as he matured. Thank God again that He too turned that bad into good by growing compassion and sensitivity from it

My husband has never fully recovered from emotional scars of being bullied for his undiagnosed Tourette Syndrome etc. as a kid, because a lot of the negativity came from within his own family

At least our kids had continuous positive reinforcement from loving caring parents and friends....for many kids they face this torment alone.

Bullying is not just usual "kid stuff". it is a form of torture and it should be taken very seriously, as this new study shows, because for some kids it can have horrible consequences.

ok...off my soap box
this is an issue that I feel very very strongly about!

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brokenfriend (05-17-2009), Curious (05-05-2009), Koala77 (05-05-2009)