View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I had mononucleosis (Epstein-Barr virus) in 1996, and about a year or so later, started getting vertigo several times a year. I think the vertigo was my first MS symptom. I didnt get diagnosed until 2007. I thought the vertigo was from ear infections.

I'd be willing to bet that the mono is what triggered or activated the MS in my system. (I think a dental issue is what's been behind most of my exacerbations since 2006)

When I had my second opinion for the MS, they did an EBV titer on me. It was positive, so I know for sure that I had mono. (when I had mono, they misdiagnosed me at first...even tho I'd been told by my aunt, a nurse practitioner, that I should ask for a mono spot test. They refused until I had a reaction to the antibiotics they'd given me...mono and penicillin based abx's dont like each other)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (05-05-2009)