View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie D View Post
Can people have mono without knowing it?
And is chicken pox a possible trigger? It is a nasty virus...I had chicken pox when I was 29 and 4 wks. pregnant. It was a bad case...lots of pox and terrible pain.
MS is such a weird disease...
Mild mono can be confused with the flu. Mine was severe and lasted months. I was out of work and slept 20 out of 24 hours. It took me a year to recover.

I have no idea how I got chicken pox but I gave them to my 2 year old son at the time. I was very sick....had sores all over my body including on my head. I thought Mono was bad.....it was nothing compared to having Chicken Pox as an adult.

I believe that these two illnesses set me up for MS later in my life. I've had MS sx dating all the way back to 1987 when I was pregnant with my 2nd child. My first disabling "attack" was in 2003. Second disabling attack in 2005. I was dx in 2005.

Those who've never had Mono or EBV illnesses but are dx with MS.....I wonder what triggered their disease?
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (05-06-2009)