View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 05:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi sweet Blue...(((hugs))) I think you got some really insightful answers. I truly believe that Christ loves us soooo much and knows what we need to get closer to Him. Sometimes, that means experiencing painful things. Have you ever noticed that it is usually in the darkest of moments that we reach out to Christ?? We, sometimes, forget in the moments of happiness to reach out to Him. I believe implicitly in the two great commandments. It takes a lifetime of learning to be able to put them into practice in our lives.

I also believe that those moments of spiritual awakening usually come during difficult moments in our lives. We are humbled and brought to our knees. I don't believe that Christ wants it to be that way. It is just the way we seem to be as a human race. And I wouldn't trade those moments of 'awakening' because of deep yearning to be close to Christ. They are priceless, and eternal.

"Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant?"
Thoreau

~ You can give without loving, but you cannot love
without giving. ~
mistiis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BlueMajo (05-05-2009), pono (05-07-2009)