View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 07:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have AARP's Plan F, and I appreciate it! I like not having any co-pays or deductibles. I don't care for the high premium, but by the end of the year I will have had two surgeries and will have more than made up for my premiums. I was never told I could not change it and I would check into this if I were you.

I have Community CCRx Part D coverage. Last year I had no co-pays for most of my drugs, but this year I do, and a higher premium, too. I have one medication that costs $500+ a month, so I am soon facing that dreaded donut hole, and I am not sure where the money will come from. No one covers the donut hole anymore, but my first part D carrier did, and that was nice.

I have no dental, and desperately need it. But even the discount plans have waiting periods and exclusions for work required that predates signing the contract. So what am I paying for? I dread my next trip to the dentist. It will break me.

The only thing I would avoid like the plague is anything resembling an Advantage plan. Sure the premium may be lower, but so are your coverage and provider choices.
"Thanks for this!" says:
DiMarie (05-05-2009)