View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 09:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltom View Post
This is my first post on this site. I have had idiopathic sensory PN for the last 12 years. Lately, the progression (especially the burning in the feet) has increased. Since it has been quite some time since I have seen a neurologist, I think it is time to see one for a fresh evaluation of tests, meds, etc. Knowing how difficult it is in finding a competent neurologist, has anyone had any luck with one in the Atlanta area? Thanks. And a special thanks to Joy for sending me to this site

atltom -

I am also here in ATL. I've only had PN since June of last year. I tried 2 in my community, then I went to Emory. The bozo I saw there spent most of the appt banging away on his computer and rarely looked at me. He and his assistant didn't impress me so I gave up and went to John Hopkins. I'll keep going up there as long as I can afford it. The doc at Hopkins and my local PCP work well together covering my treatment and so far I have had to only go to Balt. twice.

Sorry I'm not more positive. I'm sure there are very good neuros here in ATL, I just got tired of expending time looking...
Leslie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote