Old 05-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
I have AARP's Plan F, and I appreciate it! I like not having any co-pays or deductibles. I don't care for the high premium, but by the end of the year I will have had two surgeries and will have more than made up for my premiums. I was never told I could not change it and I would check into this if I were you.

I have Community CCRx Part D coverage. Last year I had no co-pays for most of my drugs, but this year I do, and a higher premium, too. I have one medication that costs $500+ a month, so I am soon facing that dreaded donut hole, and I am not sure where the money will come from. No one covers the donut hole anymore, but my first part D carrier did, and that was nice.

I have no dental, and desperately need it. But even the discount plans have waiting periods and exclusions for work required that predates signing the contract. So what am I paying for? I dread my next trip to the dentist. It will break me.

The only thing I would avoid like the plague is anything resembling an Advantage plan. Sure the premium may be lower, but so are your coverage and provider choices.
Oh gosh, that was the sell they gave me on Humana last night, the Advantage Plan. It was $38 with medication, hospitalization, doctor visits.
If I could get some steady part times hours to cover it would be great. DH has not been working or even planning as of today to find something to at least cover our medical. With all my medical issues I need something that will cover my doctors.

I had dental up until April and as long as I do not break a tooth I am OK, but still see where I need that too. The plans are supposed to give discounts?
I am at the point of taking half doses of medications to try and stretch them. Not a good idea.
Dang, I was so hoping not to have to pay for plan F, and get away with the Advantage plan. I was really hoping that was a viable option.

The guy made it seem like the plan was offset by the government and same exact coverage. I am seeing the Humana representative on Monday.
I was shocked that the Part B is over $90 a month now OMG, the gap coverage, the part D, that is half my check?

Like you say too, nothing for dental and paying for that, I can't believe how much it hurts to lose his job, not only the income but paying the benefits on our own, and not everything available.

Thanks for information.....I feel like I am trying to get up a steep mountain,
Di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote