View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
I hear what you are saying about not lighting up with the time or when it's in use. I hate that and the next time I will get one that does. That is what I had before and it really is irritating that it doesn't.

Mine isn't really really small but it's small. The size is fine but that lighting business (lack of) is not good Oh well, next time I'll read and look at it better. I still will not have to pay a big price for one that does though.
I wonder why they make microwaves that only light up when you are heating up something? And why does the display thing not have a backlight.

In the past, ALL the other microwaves I owned had both the backlight on the display and the light went on when you opened up the door.

You should have seen my face yesterday, after I plugged in the microwave and opened the door AND THERE WAS NO LIGHT!!!

I said "uh oh, this thing doesn't work???" I then put in a cup of water and pressed the minute plus thing (that's the main difference between my older Sharp and this new little one.) The other one had a minute button.

This one, well the START button is the MINUTE BUTTON. Underneath the word START, it says minute-plus.

I was reading the manual trying to find the minute button and that's how I learned to look at the START button.

And then when I decided to try and boil some water, I was happy that the light went on. I then went to the manual and it said "the light will only go on when the unit is operating".

Oh well, at least it works fine and I'm satisifed.

Oh, I have a question (and it's a good question.

Will this microwave use LESS electricity than the bigger one?

They are both 800 watts, but this one is half the size.

I'd really like to know the answer.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (05-06-2009)