View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 09:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Shunt position

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty21 View Post
i had my vp shunt put in just over 2 motnhs ago - i wear glasses -not all the time but most of th etime - anyway recently ive noticed a really bad pain around my right ear where my shunt is - the sensitivity and pain is there all the time but is worse when i wear my glasses - does anyone know whether this is likely to settle - would it beenfit be by simply asking for my glasses to be adjusted??thanks
Betty21,Hi. Ihope you're doing better.* I've had my VP shunt over 2 years now. Sadly my pain is pretty bad every day.* Having said that, your glasses coudl be part of the problem.* Make the adjustment on the glasses and also contact your doctor to verify your shunt position and function is ok.* Don't take a chance.* Make sure things are operating properly.* You are 2 months in and you are still adjusting.* I still see my doctor 2 to 3 times a month.* I am able to do this , because of VA coverage which helps a little.* My personal situaion is very bad, my family and I are homeless and currently living with my sister and the list goes on. You just hang in there and trust in God for he is faithful.TEC49
TEC49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote