View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 12:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ada,

My son is 15 and is very cute. He also helps out around the house and yard, but you have to watch him like a hawk as he is easily distracted and is often interrupted by cell phone calls, text messages, and numerous nature's calls when it is time to do any work. My husband is stricter than I am and can usually get more out of him. He is also clueless when it comes to anything in the garden and once cut back the wrong perenniel almost all the way to the ground when I wasn't looking (I swear he did it on purpose to get out of future gardening chores!). He wears a size 12 shoe so one step in the garden on the wrong spot can take out a whole family of baby plants that have just sprouted. But he does have the advantage of being way bigger and stronger than me and can mow and rake and haul so easily. We just need to work on the attention span thing!!

Hope you are having a good day today. You are an inspiration to me because of all the things you are still able to do. But I have to say that my pain levels have improved since I stopped doing so much with my arms, I NEED to learn to take it easy. I even slept last night for a while. When I was young I was a swimmer and a lifeguard, I had awesome shoulders. It's a bummer that I can't use those muscles anymore because of my head pain. When did you finally get over that "adjustment" period?

Take care, Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote