View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 01:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am a terrible baby - I find the SGBs very scary and painful. Plus we need to drive over an hour to get there so I am in always in a flare by the time we arrive, my head hurts badly and I'm nauseus (sp?). They have spaced mine 3 -4 weeks apart, although I just moved one up so that it will be only 17 days since the last one. Even though I get versed and now something else to calm my stomach, the procedure is still very painful for me and I still feel very sick afterwards. I've had 6 of them, I guess I should be getting over it, huh? The doctors and nurses couldn't be nicer, and my husband is very good about taking care of me, thank God.

Only the first couple of blocks gave me a lot of relief in my originally affected areas (shoulder, then my neck and head). I actually slept on my head after the first block for a night! Now the blocks help with the spreading symptoms, like the pain and burn and coldness in my hands and arms and legs and feet. And the face and neck rashes and burning. They seem to last about 10 days or so, them the symptoms slowly start to come back.

I am glad you are doing so well with yours, good luck. Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (05-22-2009)