View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Thank you all for the advice and support!!

I am SO glad that I got accepted onto the College Course also as I really wanted to do it and prove that I can do something even though I have RSD! I can't wait until September now until I start lol! I know it will be hard at times but it's something I really want to do so i'm sure it will be worth it!

My mum is going to the school centre where I go tomorrow for a meeting to see whether they will allow me to go there full time as school just isn't working out at all. All of my friends have disappeared so I am on my own at break and get really depressed. Theres been a lot of stress there also which hasn't helped with things. Hopefully the school centre will be able to ease things a little. I like my friends there and they care about me a lot - they always ask how I am which my other "friends" don't at school - I think it's easier for them as they have problems also.

I'm not sure what to do with the Botox. I really want the dystonia to go away as it affects my life a lot like the RSD but don't want to risk making things any worse either. I think we really need to do some careful consideration into it before we decide to go ahead with anything. My grandad has practically begged me not to do it as apparently he has spoken to someone who is a nurse and said it is really dangerous but obviously everyone reacts differently.

I went to see my Physical Therapists today and they said that the Dystonia in my foot is still really bad. I had a splint made at the end of last year and they have been trying to get my leg into a neutral position using that but it doesn't really seem to help that much. They want to see how I get on during the next 2 PT sessions and if that doesn't work then they want to admit me into hospital to do some one-on-one work. I'm working with a Neuro PT at the moment and she is really nice so i'm hoping she will be able to come up with some ideas as to what might help.

Carrie - Thank you for the well wishes and advice! I did take oral baclofen but it didn't help me that much and my Doctor said that he felt it made me too "floppy" as I couldn't sit upright hardly on it so he took me off it.

Pete - Thank you for the info on the botox - I will have to look into that with my mum and see what I can find!

Thanks again everyone and i'll keep you all updated!
Dew58 (05-07-2009), Twinkletoes (05-07-2009)