View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 10:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi!

Caitlin is doing well! We went to the "leg doctor" (her physiatrist) last week and that went good. She said Caitlin looked great and we didn't need to do more botox so I was glad for no pokes! She also read the PT's notes and thought a good longer term goal would be to get Caitlin walking in a reverse walker! She predicted (I asked for her thoughts on future) house ambulatory ...she looked at me like she didn't know how I would take that but I was happy to hear that, like I said to her "well when we had been told to expect nothing, house ambulatory sounds like heaven!!". School is going awesome, just wish she would tell me more about it. I ask questions and she will answer "nothing"....already shutting her mommy out!! The aide she has this year she had worked with when she was in early childhood and she is SO NICE! So I am happy about that and Caitlin loves her too. She is thrilled about taking lunch to school and proudly reports to me that she ate it all every day....it's so cute! Hoping hubby picks up a consulting job he bid so I can order Caitlin a new bed (Wendy I know you were asking about beds...and congrats on the walking!!). The Logan Sleigh bed in Pottery Barn Kids is what I am planning on for Caitlin....you don't have to put a box spring in it so it will be only 1/2 inch higher than the bed she has now (about 15" off the floor-like toddler bed height). We are going to have "musical beds" here at our house: new bed for Caitlin- Caitlin's current bed (low profile bed frame-twin size) will go to Brandon- and the baby will get the toddler bed from Brandon (which was passed down from Caitlin!). Hey- it's good to be the oldest!! That's about all, I must go to bed so I can get up before dawn to start my day again, I am beginning to get used to the early mornings!

Lisa O.
andromeda31 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote