View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 10:34 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfatdiablo View Post
My meds are Enderal for tremors and shakes, and Lexapro for depression. My MRI reads like a wheelchair bound MS patient, I walk still with eratic gate and missed steps if in a hurry. I have been going to Barrows Neurology in Phx, AZ for 5 years and they cannot believe that I still work full time based on my brain injuries and migraines.
I was ejected out the back window of a 1966 Volkswagen. I was stopped and rear ended at 60 plus by a 4wd blazer. I was partially ejected out the back window of the car. The only thing that kept me from going out completely was the seat belt caught my left leg and pulled me back in. Skull malformation on right side above ear and to the rear, and blunt force trama to the right temple area and ocular socket. All doctors stated I should have died! I should not be here today. Is this enough for treatment or are they missing something? Thanks

I'm not a doctor. Indeed, neither of us should be here, I'm very sorry for you, and the pain you're in.

It kind of seems to me that you've being treated rather conservatively. Do they give you anything for the migraines? There are preventive meds, and direct acting meds.

Have you seen any other docs?
Neuropsychiatrist?
Other neurologist for another opinion?

I hope that you're being treated well. If a doc gets too agressive you may have side effects.(If they're not knowledgeable about the meds). However, I do think that you should perhaps step up the treatments. Maybe find someone who specializes more in TBI.

Let's see what some other folks can bring to the table?

There are lots of good people here, that can offer some advice.

I wish you all the best,
someone else will have some other suggestions soon!

Pete
asb
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote