View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 04:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks, all. That pretty well addresses my question about sausage. I'm going to assume that the sausage my son has stored out in my freezer contains gluten.
As for the restaurant where I ate the other sausage, the reason I like to eat there is because it is a buffet. I get carry-out, which turns out very cheap for me, since they charge according to the weight. I can usually eat for 2 or 3 bucks! I'll just be sure to limit myself to the veggies and salad, and take my own salad dressing. And they usually have baked potatoes, with sour cream and butter on the side. That should be OK!
Now I just have to figure out what to get at the Mexican restaurant. We eat there once a week, and I did check the ingredients in their corn tortillas. I've been ordering rice and beans (cheap, again! ), and I always eat a few of the chips and salsa. But something there has been bothering me. I guess I'll cut out the chips, and get a salad, and the tortillas. I explained to the owner's wife about the need for gluten free food, and she brought out the package of corn tortillas for me to check the ingredients. But since I didn't specifically ask her about the other dishes, I doubt if it would have occured to her to mention if flour were used in them. As it was, she looked at me as if I needed to have my head examined!
Thanks,