View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 03:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default HELP!! I fall down & no one knows why...

I think I asked this question before...but I can't remember, so here goes:

Have you ever heard of someone walking normally, then their knee gives out and they fall?

OR, in a restaurant last week my right hip gave out and fell against a wall. Luckily I was using my forearm crutch and it saved me from falling hard.

I was walking down some stairs and my left foot gave out, it quit, would not accept any weight on it. I fell the rest of the way and hurt my ankle.

So hips, knees, ankles and feet are unreliable. I am using my power chair a lot now.

My body does not warn me about this new thing. I just fall.

I will be in pain and unable to use that foot, ankle, knee or hip for as much as 30 minutes. THEN I am mostly normal. Xrays are negative. I have some arthritis, but the doctor says what is happening to me is not arthritis. He is setting up more tests.

Brainstorm with me. Guess. We have tried the usual stuff with no luck, so tell me my ancestor was "Big Foot" and I have a genetic predisposition to fall down. That is more than my doctors have figured out.

Bottom line, I can't trust my lower limbs any more. No repetition, that is, it might be my right foot giving out, then 6 hours later my left knee or hip. Way too weird. I am really hoping one of you has heard of something like this. I would not wish it on anyone, but if another person has this problem, I would love to discuss their findings. Thanks...