View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 03:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default self help

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintSoBad View Post
I'm not a doctor. Indeed, neither of us should be here, I'm very sorry for you, and the pain you're in.

It kind of seems to me that you've being treated rather conservatively. Do they give you anything for the migraines? There are preventive meds, and direct acting meds.

Have you seen any other docs?
Neuropsychiatrist?
Other neurologist for another opinion?

I hope that you're being treated well. If a doc gets too agressive you may have side effects.(If they're not knowledgeable about the meds). However, I do think that you should perhaps step up the treatments. Maybe find someone who specializes more in TBI.

Let's see what some other folks can bring to the table?

There are lots of good people here, that can offer some advice.

I wish you all the best,
someone else will have some other suggestions soon!

Pete
asb
self help elf

hi sorry you are dealing with this I can relate to the feelings you have, try to remember emotions and apply them to situations, a kind of fake it to you make it, thing its what we call a work around, try to view your self as a work in progress, a brain injured person is not easily understood by those around us , meds for me were a disaster, but if they work for you thats good, I feel they just wrap it in cotton wool and in the early stages suppress emotions, and for me lead to an explosion of emotion

welcome you are not alone
vini is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote