View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 08:02 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Sounds great to me! I love sushi!

I've also used hijiki (seaweed) in salads.

This is the traditional salad where it is the main ingredient:
http://recipes.chef2chef.net/recipe-...0/164123.shtml

But I have found you can use just some, added to other things.
It might really be nice with your sprouts, Mel. It is long a thin like the sprouts, so it would mix in well. Only difference is that it is a dark color, and not green.

You buy it freeze dried in packets.

BTW, the place where I get my sushi, already prepared, at Kroger's (a little stall there), use brown rice now instead of white. Brown has a better glycemic index. I guess you can buy short grain brown now.
(short grain makes it more "sticky" so it will hold together more.)
The California rolls I get have the nori inside holding the ingredients together, with the rice only on the outside. They also have some sesame mixed in the rice.

I only buy cooked sushi, since I have a type of food allergy that occurred with an IVP test (organic iodine)...I can eat cooked seafood/fish, but not raw.
Raw makes me sick.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (05-08-2009)