View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 08:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm sorry. The Pain Clinic that does my blocks also offers Lidicaine, but only up to an hour at a time (I think that is all they are licenced for). and the nurses tell me that most patients report the same results as you - no change in their pain. That's why I have stayed with the blocks for now. tey are more painful and invasive and risky, bubt more effective and hopefully will eventually minimize my spread. From what I have been able to research, the longer term Lidocaine infusions and subcutaneous infusions are the ones that are usually successful. Schwartzman published a research report in Mar 2009 (it's available at RSDSA.org - I'll add the link below) about the longer term infusions.

Keep trying to get to a place where there are more treatment options available. I recently found out about ketamine trials in Boston. Don't know if I can get in, I need a doc first (just starting with a new one this afternoon) but there is always hope).

Can you talk to your doc about better meds for your pain. Others on the board are reporting success with Opana ER. Maybe it's the answer for you, too.

Take care, Sandy

http://www.rsdsa.org/2/library/artic...rothusenJR.pdf
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote