View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 02:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Jaspar, first, let me thank you for the info. And yes, they spent about 75 minutes doing an MRI on my brain, looking for lesions and something else. Our oldest daughter was diagnosed with MS about 5 years ago. But they did not find anything. I can't remember if they used contrast or not.

MRI on my chest area ... I have a Multi-Fenestrated Septal Occluder in my heart and they are concerned about doing an MRI in that area. But it seems the MRI of my brain would have caused a problem for me.... if a problem exists.

My knees, the pain is in the area of the MCL, as far as I can tell. I am seeing the Ortho around June 5th or so. His speciality is knee and hip replacement. I don't know if it could be the miniscus, but I will ask him. Severe pain you ask? It is severe enough that I can't put weight on it. And it goes away (usually) within about thirty minutes.

The Rheumatologist found arthritis in many of my joints, so that is probably part of it.

My feet, it seems like I feel something like electrical shocks before I fall. If I am lucky, I am close enough to a wall that I can lift the "bad" foot and lean on the wall, or use the Forearm Crutch to get to a chair. I think the most disconcerting thing about all of this is that there is NO warning. You and I could be walking down the street and one of my body parts decides not to accept weight. No warning.

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said it might be nerves from my neck or lower spine. I have inoperable lower back damage and a disc up between my shoulder blades that caused problems with my carpal tunnel.

Yes, Vitamin B is well covered. mrsD set me up with a good regimen.

Thanks again, I am certainly open to suggestions, Take care....