View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 03:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I agree with cyclelops, if the doc hasn't done a skin punch biopsy or even quanitive sensory testing he can't say there is nothing wrong with your nerves,
emg & nct do not show up small fibre damage.

Brian
The emg is actually used to eliminate large fiber nerve problems and expose small fiber nerve problems. Have the exact same numbness in my feet (along with joint pain) and shooting pain as well. My right hand is also numb and burn thru pain as well. Left hand is going numb and was diagnosed with SFN at the Cleveland clinic.
As Brian said, I will be going thru the biopsy soon to see how far long the small fiber damage is.
I also had to insist that my primary care doc send me to a neurologist and he knew that the problem was beyond him and he sent me to the clinic.
I think that all of us with small fiber problems question our "sanity" about whether this is all in your mind or psychosomatic. It is not - hang in there to all who have these thoughts. I also found that an anti anxiety med helped me deal with this as well as 3600mg of gabapentin per day.
kevin57 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jannaw (05-07-2009)