View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 08:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink fun time, Carolyn

Carolyn - your grandson's party sounded WONDERFUL!!! That wil be a good memory for him for a long time.

Paula - I did the same thing - cleaned out my closet. Finally gave away most of the blazers that I wore as a corporate trainer.

After all these years, I've gotten to like getting most Christmas letters. Generally they are nice and amusing, and I love getting an update on old friends and their families. Occasionally we get a grumpy one, or the annual "summary of backpacking trips" from my bro-in-law (2 pages, 6 point type, single spaced ... yikes!) And another bro-in-law who thinks he is witty usually sends a totally incomprehensible missive because he refers to local events that the reader knows nothing about. But yesterday we received what I think is a NEW LOW a "Christmas Card" -- a photo of the couple, in Mexico, toasting us with margaritas ... and text stating "salt, more salt ..." The ambiance, the drinks, the cleavage ... I'm thinking they totally missed the spirit of the holiday. I hope they take us off their list for next year. Bah humbug.

I finished scanning in the old photos of my brother for the digital frame. Sometimes I just sit there, watch the photos go by, and reminisce... bittersweet.

I hope you all have a nice week.

This isn't the life I wished for, but it is the life I have. So I'm doing my best.
jeanb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote