View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 12:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty21 View Post
hi

i saw my surgeon about 3 weeks ago - i had my shunt fitted 3months ago - and i dont go back to see him til august - is this normal waiting time??

im going to pain clinic in a couple of weeks.but i have definatley noticed one of my pairs of glasses definately makes things worse - i didnt think of getting my glasses adjusted - i guess i thought they wouldnt know what the shunt was! i think aswell i dont completely understand where the shunt is in myhead - i think if i did it would make sense!!

but i think i do definately need to get the glasses adjusted as they are even sore now as im typing!!
Betty21 Hi.

adjusting those glasses and seeing your doctor are the right moves. I remember the first time my surgeon said I'll see you in three months I almost went into shock He must have gotten 10 calls those 3 months. Oh, and a couple of walk in visits I've gone back and researched my shunt and valve. I know exactly where the shunt is located. What ever you think will give you more confidence, then you should do it. I beleive the more knowledge I have the better I'll know if there's a problem. I know thats ok. As for the pain, I shared with you what I'm talking and its not healing it, just helps me to deal with it. Theres much that can be shared God willing time will be our friend as I know that He loves and cares for us. I no longer have any fear about this.

TEC49
TEC49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote